Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Innocent Victims.

This piece is not an expression of helplessness or patriotism. It is sheer artistic license and a byproduct of imagination.


The essence of the poetry is a dream, a dream where in the protagonist finds himself in a land where he , the ruler advocates tyranny and oppression. People were engulfed by ignorance, for there was no opportunity for them to educate and learn. People sought no answers and the land personified hell. He lived his ways and carved his rules.
He wakes up to reality , only to find himself to be the ignorant subject. His freedom suppressed and ignorance exposed, he is a victim of disorder and disharmony. He is the victim in his own land!!!!
He was the leader and the led, with his ignorance, the devil was fed!!!








I was wicked, I was mean,
I was charming , I was lean.
I walked beyond cynicism,
I tarnished all Skepticism.
A Shadow of Sorrow loomed around,
Subjects were treated like hungry hounds.



I justified, nothing I did,
I created hell, on the land I lived.
My alter ego took over my soul,
Bribery, disorder, poverty I behold.


They were ignorant, they were not read,
There in was my fortune, more than my daily bread.
I woke up to this horrendous dream,
Similar did reality seem.


I was the subject, beyond my dream,
My land , my land ,
Oh!! victim I scream.
Arun Ramu

Education for all!!


5 comments:

yogi said...

hey. dats such a heaterning piece of poetry...can possibly stir up even a stoic to sit up and take notice of d appaling state of affair around! I think ts the best verse written by you till date..., magnificent poetry and even d choicest use of words in my comment will fail to capture the complete essence n sheer brilliance.U gotta send this one across for publication certainly!!!

AK2011 said...

Very nice way to educate people really. you should publish your poetry you are a brilliant writer.Keep up the good work..:)

yogi said...

hey arun...the preface to the poem I think best explains the poem. I think ts a good idea to put in those extra lines not just to assert your creative freedom but also provide some insight about the poem. But I feel,in some way the ignorance and ts repurcussions part is slightly understated in d poem and if you could redress that by adding anouther couplet or verse cud prolly enhance d already superior quality a few more notches higher! Just a thought!!!

Arun said...

@ Yogi

Well.. I should prolly take your suggestion on adding a couplet..
The preface is the best I could come up with.

Sandy said...

Too good.. You have an awesome talent man.. Let the world know it. :)

Welcome to a place, where a word is an expression, thought, faith and belief.

Moments are an Inspiration,

"Conventionalism is the end of Creativity"



Arun Ramu